1. Privacy Commitment
Chandlers Nursery Pty Ltd recognise the trust you are placing in us through your dealings with us. We do everything we can to maintain that trust. Our staff are employed on the basis that they will protect information about you. This is our corporate standard. Under law, your rights to privacy are also protected. Privacy laws place strict requirements on us to treat certain information collected as confidential, to store your information securely and to allow you easy access to check and correct your information.
3. When do we collect information about you?
At times, we are required to collect personal information in the normal course of providing services for our customers.
These services include:
- Issuing a Loyalty Program card
- Processing lay-by purchases
- Accepting customer orders
- Maintaining client books
- Customer Service lines (including social media channels such as facebook and twitter)
- Processing credit card payments
- Processing cheque payments
- Providing tailoring instructions
- Arranging product holds
- Accepting gift voucher payments
- Recording customer accident details
- Processing cash refunds
4. What information do we collect?
We may collect the following information from you:
- your name and contact details, such as your postal address, email address and phone number;
- your gender, birthdate and occupation;
- your purchase history;
- your company name (if applicable);
- other information you may supply to us; and
- if you are a candidate for employment, we may collect other information as further set out in our application forms or during the recruitment process. This may include information relating to your employment history, working eligibility rights, suitability for the role you are applying for, and your referee details.
5. Why do we collect this information?
We use the information to customise our services and plan product development so that we can provide you with relevant consumer information and notify you of products and special offers that may be of interest to you. It is also collected so that we may provide value-added services and marketing through our website or other channels, including social media. If you are a candidate for employment, we collect information to assess your suitability for a position within our business and for other purposes such as contacting referees, performing background checks and visa applications.
6. Promotional Communications
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive promotional information from us, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 03 6223 5688.
7. Personal Information Access
You may review, change or delete personal information related to you. To access your information, please contact us at email@example.com or call us on 03 6223 5688.
If you would like to know what information we hold about you, please contact us on the above measures.
You have the option of using a pseudonym when dealing with us so as not to identify yourself fully to us. Please bear in mind, however, that we will be unable to provide certain services to you unless you disclose your correct identity.
If you are a candidate for employment you must provide personal information which is in all respects true, accurate and up to date and is not, in any respect, misleading, deceptive or inaccurate or likely to be misleading or deceptive.
We understand the importance of your personal information and have appropriate procedures in place to safeguard and secure the information we collect to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information. We also take measures in respect of destroying or de-identifying personal information that is no longer needed for any lawful purpose.
11. Privacy complaints
All such enquiries or complaints will be taken seriously and handled with impartiality and discretion.